Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Random Thoughts- May 27

Come inside my mind.  The company may not be high class, but it can be interesting.

-Just saw the Angels get four doubles in the second inning against the Mariners.  Pretty clear Felix Hernandez is not pitching.  The Angels are off to a much better start.  If they can maintain, the division could be theirs. At a minimum.

-Why did I spend an hour and half on the phone tonight?  My high school age son needed some geneology that my sister earned with many trips to the Library.  She doesn't have a computer, or scanner, or even internet in her home.  Did I mention I have an old school family?  Our conversation ended in a painful place for a German: We found family members in France.  OUCH!

-My softball team had to reschedule it's fourth game of the season.  Our Little League park is all water table.  When I teach sliding, we need to wear swimwear.  Occasionally, a pitcher kicking at the rubber has started a gusher.  Outfielders don't backpedal, they backstroke.  Thank you very much, I'll be here all week.  Be sure to tip your waiters and waitresses well.

-IndyCar runs in Detroit this weekend.  Belle Isle Park is a tight road course, placing a premium on track position.  Simon Pagenaud won one race here last year; look for a repeat.  He is a definite contender for the Series Championship.  I'll pick him to win the whole thing right now.  The biggest sign of improvement will be an oval victory.

-ECA baseball got a favorable sectional draw.  If things fall correctly, looks for the Eagles to repeat as Sectional Champs.  Pitching depth will be the issue, hurt by the injury to Jake McCown.  Argos better hope we don't get another shot at them: we will play at a different caliber.

-Women's College World Series opens this week.  I like Alabama to win the whole show.  Watch out for Louisiana Lafayette as a sleeper pick.  While Alabama can be dominating at time, Louisiana Lafayette went to Arizona and shut down a hugely potent offense.  If they do it for a week, it could be a real surprise in Oklahoma City.

-A final nod of remembrance for the reason behind Memorial Day.  Thank you to all who served and allow me to do the things I love to do.

So...am I off base?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template