Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Pugs and Kisses

Are we all seated?  Good.  I have a confession to make.

I get kissed by a pug.  And I like it.

We adopted Rosie, a purebred pug, from the Humane Society this past July.  She had been turned in as a stray around this time last year.  Not sure why they let this wonderful little dog get away.  She has been good with our two attitude filled teenagers, actually bringing them out of their rooms and away from the electronics for a little while.  She is a tremendous cuddler, usually preferring dad to mom, but enjoying anybody warm.  After all, the pug is the couch potato of the dog world.

Yes, she licks incessantly, but those are just pug kisses.  She makes the strangest grunts, snorts, and occasional screams.  I would probably sound funny if my face were scrunched up like that.  She has more wrinkles than a nursing home.  She is small enough, you look for the rest of the dog.  She is so ugly, she's cute.  She breathes like Darth Vader.  Yep, that's my dog.

Right now, she's leaning her head on my left arm.  Sure plays havoc with my typing.

We owned cats for twenty years.  They were wonderful pets, too.  Sebastian was my cuddler, Hogan preferred my wife.  They were always somewhere useful, but always on their schedule.  After all, cats require staff.

Dogs are happy to see you, although we sometimes interrupt Rosie's late afternoon nap by coming home.  After all, her mid afternoon nap came right after the early afternoon nap, which followed the three morning naps.  Are we sure this isn't a cat?

Rosie is the first dog I have ever owned.  Pugs come with their own challenges: Pug encephalitis, loose knee caps, and those bulging eyes are gonna get hurt some time.  But they are good with kids, show protective tendencies, and can fit in a pocket.  Gotta use food to get them to do anything.

Yes, I got kissed by a pug, and I liked it.

So...am I off base?-=

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template