Friday, May 9, 2014

Play! Play! I Must Play!

Friday night, and I'm sitting at home.  Say what?

Fall will bring football, something I don't get too very often any more.  High School basketball was king when I was going through school during the Carter and Reagan Administrations.  In college, it was the cut loose after a week of what we thought was hard studying, but I'd still rather sit in the stands or be on a sideline/dugout than go partying with friends.  After we married, we would go grab a bite to eat, but I would look longingly at whatever game was on TV.  It just wasn't at home.

This spring has been practices on Friday because of the way the high school baseball/softball schedule works.  They don't play too many Friday night games to save pitching for the Saturday doubleheader.  I can't think of a better way to start a weekend than practicing or playing, and it doesn't matter the sport (except the NBA).  I love sports, doesn't matter the game (except the NBA).

So what did I do with my night off from diamonds?  Wrote this blog.  Walked the pug, but a much shorter walk then usual.  She has a the pug equivalent of a pulled groin muscle, listed day-to-day, and is out for tomorrow's big game with Abnormal State.  Took a longer walk for myself.  Fielded a couple of calls to try to reschedule games.  Watched baseball, my Angels and the Blue Jays.  Dreamed of going to bed early.

After all, ECA baseball plays at 9:00 am at Bethel College.  ECA softball hosts a tournament that should keep me busy until 4:00 pm.  It's a day expected to be misspent on diamonds.  Not bad for a guy who really has golf in his heart.  That's another story for another day.

So...am I off base?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template