Monday, May 6, 2013

Monday Morning Quarterback

Monday morning.  Two words that cause dread and trepidation in many.  Two words associated with being stuck, doing something less than loved only to provide not enough for the people we love.  Two words, by their mere existence, lead to a statistically significant increase in cardiac events.

Why the reaction?

I'm not a huge fan of underproviding for my family, but we have a roof, beds, food and clothes.  My children are being educated, even in a private school, thanks to my in-laws.  My cars have seen a large number of miles, but they are mine and reliable.  My kids, especially my 14 year-old son, are sensitive to the whims of acceptance at school, but are happy to be among their friends.

Guess I'm not really underproviding.  I don't really have everything I want, everything I studied for in college, but I have what I need.  My work, though relatively mundane in a hospital, has significance.  We save lives, and that is important.

You can't compare where you are and what you have to what media says you should have.  While Disney Channel kids shows value friends and family, they also distort the stuff you should have.  Create the jealousy early, and dissatisfaction can stay your entire life.

Matthew 6:27 reads "And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?" You are where you are by the choices you made and the people you associate.  Want to change something?  Change something.  Bloom where you are planted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template