Wednesday, July 10, 2013

General Thoughts

General thoughts while waiting for the next Cub World Series Championship...

-I have never lived with a dog.  A week ago, we adopted a pug from the St. Joseph County Humane Society.  She has the marks of being a people dog, but doesn't seem to like other dogs.  Check me if I'm wrong, but aren't those the marks of a hermit?  On the other side, she is always excited to see me. Guess it's a trade-off.

-Cubs swept the season series with the White Sox.  Chicago baseball may be something kin to Bubonic Plague.  If you catch the fever, you will die.

-Saw the original episode of Duck Dynasty tonight.  I enjoy the show, I am not obsessed.  The world's largest duck call is interesting, but it is a different lifestyle.  I am acquainted with a lot of people like the Robertsons, without the money.  They are a blast, and usually have a high street IQ.  They get things done.  Great to see wholesome values in a TV show people actually watch, too!

-Just saw a commercial for the movie R.I.P.D.  Kind of sounds like Ghostbusters without the laughs.

-Why does a dog next to your lap feel as good as a cat in your lap?

-Our new travel softball team takes the field tomorrow night.  Hats off to Kristi Curtis for having the faith to get started and follow through.  I am looking forward to seeing how we perform.  I guess I'm still a coach at heart.

So...am I off base?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template