Sunday, July 7, 2013

Another Day in Paradise

Spent a good weekend after working the holiday.  Saturday was an annual family reunion, Sunday was a busy day around home.  It has become the traits of our life: consistent and busy.  Throw in a new dog and we have life as normal.

We wouldn't have it any other way.

Saturday was a large gathering of family.  A quick note: any gathering of my family is going to be large.  I am the youngest of ten siblings.  Since my parents have been gone for twenty years, it is actually quite remarkable that we still gather.  Most families go their separate ways after the parents pass.  We still are in contact and actually seem to like each other.  The grandkids and their second cousins usually play together very well.  We will gather on Christmas Eve and have a partial gathering in September, spending time on a golf course or shopping.  It is hard to do both at the same time.

Sunday was church day, a consistent trait in our family.  Mash in a softball practice and a trip to take my daughter to a sleepover, and it was a full day.

And we have added Rosie, a two year-old pug, to our home.  She seems to be a pretty good dog.  She was a stray who hadn't been in a home for a month.  She is housebroken and seems to really like the kids.

It just doesn't stop.  I am a Little League tournament director for All-Stars on Monday and Wednesday, softball game Thursday, and my weekend to work is coming up.  At least I will get Friday afternoon off.

Four years from now, Robby will be in the summer between his senior year of high school and freshman year of college.  Heather will be entering her junior year of high school.  It seems we were just bringing them home from the hospital, moving into the home we live in, and hearing the basic words of toddlerhood.  It has gone quickly.

We have to enjoy it now.  I gave up the only job I ever loved, in the golf business to be part of this.  Hopefully, they remember dad being involved and loving them.  Only because I do.

So...am I off base?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template