Monday, June 3, 2013

The Bride

As always, my weekend moves a little too fast.  I wake up on Monday morning and find that I suddenly have to go back to work.  While helping to save lives is a good thing, it is stressful.  I see stories that are heartbreaking at best, tragic at worst.  It is Life.

However, I am still alive, which occasionally defies logic.  I have a wonderful wife, which just celebrated our twenty-second wedding anniversary.  While twenty-two is a highly esteemed and revered number in some culture, somewhere, it is not considered a milestone here.  I beg to differ.

In the United States, divorce rates run around 50%.  The number of people living together is at an all-time high.  If you believe advertising, it is impossible to find a soulmate without the internet.

My wife has been a wonderful partner and companion.  She has become beautiful in ways I never imagined when we made our wedding vows.  She is the center of everything in our home, whether involving me, our children, or herself, and usually in that order.  She makes sure everyone gets where they're going and then takes care of herself.  It is a sacrifice she believes is worth making.  If she didn't believe it, it wouldn't get done.

Sometimes, I look at her and see the best things about her, sometimes the worst things.  It is always her I see, the gift God gave me as a friend over a quarter century ago.  And I hope to have and to hold, from this day forward, until death do us part.

So...NO!  I am not off base on this on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template