Sunday, March 22, 2015

Random Thoughts-March 22

Some random thoughts while recognizing I am whiter than sour cream.

-Yes, I did fill out a bracket for NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Tournament.  At this moment, I only have half of my Final Four I picked is intact.  I know you all were greatly worried.

-Spent most of Saturday replacing faucets.  My hands are cut up and dried out.  All the faucets work, and I only had to make one extra trip to the hardware store.  Beat the old adage, "One trip to the hardware store breeds two more."

-The inevitable call came today, while I was in church.  "We need a coach for ________ softball team.  We would like to have you fill that role."  Finally go to say no, with a clear conscience.  My calendar is still full of ECA baseball/softball, umpiring, and being a theater dad.  I will still see more diamonds than Zales.

-Quite pleased with the turn of weather in Northern Indiana.  We actually look like spring.  Trees in our neighborhood are budding.  We were another week or so last year before the snow got out of the way.  It was a lot worse winter a year ago.

-Spring Training is winding down.  Quite impressed wtih the Giants and the Nationals, but my stock is down on the Tigers.  They have lost more pitching in the last three years than any other Major League team and Justin Verlander looks like he might be on the down side of an excellent career.  His resurgence will be key for the Tiger's chances.

-Meanwhile, The North Side of Chicago will extend their Wold Series drought to 70 years, and Championship drought to 107 years.  Easily.

-Now that I have said it, listen for Al Michaels..."Do you believe in miracles?"

-Watch out for Notre Dame Softball.  They swept Georgia Tech, a perennial ACC power, albeit in South Bend, to run a winning streak to six games.

-Three weeks to The Masters and no Tiger sighting.  Rory missed a cut recently.  Golf could be looking for another face, and may need it quickly.  Augusta National could be the victor over the field this time.

-One week to Indy Car opener in St. Petersburg.  Watch for Simon Pagenaud to strongly compete for a Championship, now that he is with Penske.  I lean toward a strong resurgence from Juan Pablo Montoya.

So...am I off base?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template