Sunday, March 1, 2015

A New Start

It's been a couple of weeks, and I have taken full advantage of the time away.  I have been sick with a nasty cold.  I managed to share, so everyone in the house has it now.  At least I shared something.

Some things have taken shape over the last couple of weeks.  I might be doing more umpiring than I thought.   Might not be as much fun as coaching, but it will still put me on the field.  I have always enjoyed umpiring in the past, and it will keep me active.  A couple of games a week might not be a bad thing.  Could be useful for the checkbook, too.

I will spend a little more time watching games at higher levels, too.  The beauty of internet television is you can pretty find any game you want any time you want it.  Pay only a modicum for it, too.

I have been spending more time working out, when I'm not sick.  I am spending a fair amount of time on treadmills and lifting some weights.  The first month of the year saw my weight drop 7 pounds.  It will take continued effort and discipline at a dinner plate, but it can be done.

I have continued my public address duties at Elkhart Christian.  Regardless of my kids' experiences, I am committed to Christian Education.  I enjoy adding something to what the kids do, and I may continue in the spring.  Might depend on how heavy the schedule is for baseball and softball, might depend on how the weight loss is going.  Either way, I want to put something special into what the kids do.  I couldn't get the P.A. job with the South Bend Cubs, so this is the next best thing.

Even have volunteer work to do with Heather's theater performances.  She is Ruby in the Pioneer Troupe's performance of Ann of Green Gables.  She will be auditioning for Disney's Tarzan with Premier Arts.  Those commitments should keep my lips moving for the next few months.

So, what does this mean to this blog?

Subjects will be broader.  Opinions will flow freely.  Stuff outside sports might make it's way in more often.  Somehow, my job at a hospital might even show up here and there.

I look forward to broadening the horizons, learning some new stuff, and hearing what you might have to say about it all.  Hope to bring more Words of Life to everyone.

Let's strap in.  The ride should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template