Sunday, September 20, 2015

Questions? No Answers Here

A few questions running through my mind while my wife watched Downton Abbey while the Seahawks are getting ready to kick off.  Compromises, Compromises.

-Did Joe Maddon and Kris Bryant really make that much difference for the Cubs?  They would lead any other division in baseball, after being an average or less team for several years.

-The Seahawks are 0-1 before tonight's game, but it's not time to push the panic button.  The Champion always gets everyone's best shot.  The Seahawks are still the NFC Champions, a couple of yards and one completion away from back-to-back Super Bowls.  Or one Marshawn Lynch run.  At least I'm not bitter about it.

-Are the Blue Jays really a juggernaut?  Their trade deadline moves have been solid, and the team has played very well.  Look out for them in the playoffs.

-Interesting how the Big Ten has the first two spots in the weekly poll.  So much for it being an SEC world and we're living in it.   Maybe Brett Bielema should have stayed in Wisconsin.  Gotta wonder how this will play out.  Love College Football.

-The United States found a way to win the Solheim Cup today.  Controversy showed the way.  Match play, for the uninitiated, means that sometime putts are "given" or "conceded".  A nice way of saying you're going ot make it, so it's good.  Suzanne Pettersen refused to concede a put and the U.S. rode the momentum to the win.  Moral of the story:-Just do the right thing.

-If you read this blog consistenly, you know that I have gone from coach to official.  This week found some last minute work including my first Varsity Volleyball match.  It went without incident, but the truth is, the match was over before it started.  One team was overmatched, both by talent and experience.  It was hard to watch.

-Had my one round of golf for the year, too.  I shot 86, with two balls in the water.  I spent a day to treasure with my oldest brother.  Just the two of us, playing golf together on the course our dad played, the one I grew up playing.  He shot a career best.  Glad I could see it.

-So, am I off base?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template