Thursday, April 3, 2014

SPECIAL EDITION-Why Fort Hood?

I don't have any answers.  I wish I did.  Maybe it could shed some light on what has happened.

I have great respect for the people that protect our country and way of life.  I had two of them in my family.  My father served honorably in World War II in a medical unit in France.  My brother, Don, served in Vietnam, earning enough citations to be buried in the Garden of Valor when cancer took his life.  I married into a family which served.  My father-in-law served between World War II and Korea. His brother-in-law served in Korea, turning his hair white for life.  Some scars can't be seen.

The shooter was a veteran, too.  He served in Iraq, and was married.  He went back in his mind and took it out on the brothers who serve with him.  I can't imagine either one.  I'm not in his shoes.

Why Fort Hood?  My dad went through Hood.  Fort Worth is a great town.  I have a nephew in Fort Worth now, finishing his medical residency for the Air Force.  He seems to enjoy the area.  Last I knew, he was working toward psychiatry.  He is needed.

I am grateful for this country.  The opportunity to succeed or fail based on God's direction and my own initiative.  My children have the same opportunity.  The people at Fort Hood help insure they can carry it through.

Pray for the victims.  Pray for the perpetrator.  Pray for our country.  Thank God for the blessings.  Thank the people who serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template