Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

I really enjoy Thanksgiving.

This day should be filled with thanks, family, food, and football.  I'm going to list a few items for which I am thankful this year.  I hope your list is similar.

-I am thankful to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  Whether you personally believe in Him or not, I can attest to the fact that He changes you.  I have a hard time thinking about where I would be without that influence in my life.

-Thankful for my wife and children.  Robby is going through the growing pains of learning to be a man, and I pray God will lead you in the right direction.  You need to be willing to follow.  Heather is finding new ways to blossom as a young woman.  You will go as far as discipline takes you.  Rosie completed our family this year.  You are the canine clown.  LuAnn is the best friend and wife I could ever imagine.  She is a great blessing in my life and the lives of others.

-Thankful that my niece and her husband have a brand new daughter, arriving in the wee hours this morning.  Everyone is fine and doing well.  The Red Sox have another new fan.

-Thankful for the family I had growing up.  Won't get to see them today, but you shaped the basics for where I am today in all areas.  Still wondering how things will come together: the host today took off to see her new granddaughter.

-Thankful for the family I joined by marriage.  We will spend today eating Cracker Barrel supplemented by family favorites, visiting and watching football.  Hope the football is good, because I know the company will be.  I'm pretty sure you didn't know exactly how to take me when LuAnn and I started dating, but you adapted quickly.

-Thankful for those who protect us and defend our freedoms.  Many assume I mean just our military, but police, fire and first responders protects us each day.  We can all do what we do because of you and your willingness to serve.

-Thankful to the Elkhart Titans, St. Joe County Surge, and Cleveland Little League for the opportunity to work with your players and hopefully teach them more than the game.  I have been blessed beyond belief by the players.

My list could go on for a while.  I hope you have a list of your own.  Thank the people who made it possible.

So...wait...I'm not off base on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template