Sunday, April 14, 2013

Monday, Monday

It's Sunday night.  Millions of people dread Monday morning.  Some more than others.

A threat has been made in Elkhart County for Monday, April 15,2013.  Twenty school children at 5 different schools are threatened, with no idea of where, who or why.  The idea of children being threatened at school is nauseating for a country still thinking about Sandy Hook Elementary School, even after six months.

I considered leaving the children at home tomorrow.  My wife respectfully disagreed.  After some reasoned deliberation, the children are going to school.  We have two reasons for going to school.  First, fear should not rule our lives.  We should live in a spirit of victory, not fear.  Jesus' own words: Matthew 10:28 'And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell."

Second, I'm not going to let a terrorist rule the thinking in my home.  A threat as given is terrorism.  Terrorists want you to change your life and what you do based on what they perceive they will do.  Not happening in our home.

My son wanted to stay home because he wanted to stay home.  My daughter says she was a little scared.  I hope they both learn to live going forward, not in avoidance.

So...am I off base?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template