Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Eagle With A Tear

Thoughts and prayers are with all people affected by bombings in Boston.  Billy Casper, the longtime PGA Tour golfer, stated my sentiments exactly: "Chasing dreams should never end in tragedy."

A young man named J.J., a fellow camp counselor, was my first exposure to Bostonians, introducing the city as "The Hub", as in "Center of the Universe".  He was intelligent, friendly, and opinionated.   He wasn't shy about sharing knowledge  that would help you, and the roots of belief were deep and strong.  I can honestly say I haven't met an individual from the Boston area I totally agreed with, but I liked every one of them and respected them.

It is a great city with great people.  It deserves better treatment than was given Monday.

Resilient is another term I would use to describe these individuals.  The Red Sox are the perfect description: so close to World Championships in 1975 and 1986, only to lose in heartbreaking fashion, finally rewarded in 2004.  The city and it's inhabitants will rebound nicely.

Rumors of an arrest swirl.  I believe it was an individual from within our own borders, looking to make an impression.  Might even be a Second Amendment activist, looking to damage the Obama Administration.  A major terrorist organization would be crowing over this kind of success, even with the damage done to Al-Qaeda from their success of the last major American attack.

Boston will be back, and hopefully our response as a government and nation will be strong.  A city as strong as Boston deserves strong support.

So...am I off base?

#BostonStrong  #Boston Marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template