Sunday, May 10, 2015

Random Thoughts- Mother's Day 2015

Some random thoughts while waiting for my daughter's next performance in a theater, somewhere, some time.  After enough days in any theater, they all look the same...

-I would like to wish a Happy Mother's Day to all Moms.  It is a calling that is underappreciated in our world which values Size 0 models and corporate success.  The job has no monetary pay, and has requires a large number of menial tasks.  Each day has it's measure of moments that can be treasured, or stir life shattering heartbreak, sometimes in the same moment.  It is life in a fallen world.

Medically speaking, the pain of childbirth is equivalent of having twenty bones fractured at the same time.  Rarely has a mother remembered the pain when they saw the baby.  It is a remarkable connection from the first moment.  I have been honored enough to witness it twice in my life.

I wish to acknowledge my bride of 24 summers and a lot more winters.  She has been a wonderful wife and mother to our two teenagers.  She is everything I ever wanted in a wife and mother, and I hope we made a great Mother's Day for her.

I hope you did the same for your mother.

-A very good finish to the Grand Prix of Indy.  Graham Rahal showed a flash of brilliance, and probably would have chased down Will Power.  Graham has lived with the expectations for a long time, and it would be an excellent tribute to his dad, Bobby, and Jim Trueman, who gave Bobby a chance and his Indy win, if Graham could start living up to what he is capable.

-I had to sit out the last week umpiring so I could do a bit of transporting my daughter to her theater commitments.  They did a wonderful job this weekend and still have performances next Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  I'm going back to the field this week, because the commitments are less, and the need is great.  I am getting more and more comfortable with the job.  I believe my performance is worthy, and I'm honored to do it.

-So...am I off base?

1 comment:

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template