Monday, July 7, 2014

I Have a Life!

I am on vacation this week.  Just chilling around the house, waiting for the rest of the week to get here.  Spent most of a day with my son, playing disc golf, and talking about life as a teenager and what we expect.  It was a really good day.

Tomorrow is a day with my daughter.  We will do what 13 year old girls do, and I will wonder what to do next to embarrass her.  It will be a good day until I have to go to the Little League as a Tournament Director.

Went to the gym this morning, and got a good workout.  I will do it again tomorrow.  I like working out.  It is so different from my life as a 265 pounder with high blood pressure and high cholesterol.  It was like waiting for the stroke or heart attack while having extra cheese on everything.  It's more like my life as skinny youngster.

I did have coaches duties, however.  Got the final details for our postseason celebration, but could only do one day.  Some people will not be able to attend, which is a disappointment.  Wish I could make it magically work for everyone.  The limitations of my own and my daughter's schedule make it what it is.

This is my life without coaching.  I will be in this for the rest of my days.  I expect to be involved where my kids are, but not where they aren't.  No more Little League.  No more travel ball.  No more wishing for the coaching job at an orphanage.

It will be interesting to watch a game from the stands with my wife.  Maybe I'll be so obnoxious, or wanting to coach that she'll sit somewhere else.  She knew I had this tendency when she married me.  It didn't go anywhere in those 23 years.  Guess we'll have to live with it.

Tomorrow is another day, until I have to run a Major Baseball game.  Then I go back for a few brief moments.  Another game on Friday, and a final gathering on Saturday.

Should be a good day.

So...am I off base?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template