Wednesday, January 22, 2014

So You Think You Can Rant

As a long time Seattle Seahawk fan, I am excited for the team to be going to our second Super Bowl.  Hope the big plays end up in points instead of first downs.

Russell Wilson is a soft spoken leader who wears his Christianity on his sleeve.  He should be credited because more heralded quarterbacks aren't even close to going to a Super Bowl.  They had the best record in the NFC during this past season, due to Wilson and a defense that makes Scrooge look like Winston Churchill.

Richard Sherman has been a huge part of that defense.  He lead the NFL in interceptions this season, and generally kept the other team's best receiver under wraps.  He is a film junkie who puts in the preparation and the work every week.  Leaders do that.

The immediate post game rant has turned off a lot of people and should have.  As someone on Facebook put it, he put the ass in classless.

I didn't like it, either.  I expect better, especially from a Stanford grad.  However, I kept hearing echoes from the past...

"I am the Greatest."

I didn't like Muhammad Ali either.  He was a 70's equivalent to today's trash talker.  He didn't always win, but we made sure we were watching.  Some just wanted to see him fail, but he put in the preparation and the work.  You couldn't win like he did without it.

Once I figured out Ali wasn't talking to us or his opponent, I was okay with him.  Maybe Richard Sherman is in that class.  We can hope so.

So...am I off base?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template