Monday, August 5, 2013

A Randomness of Thought

Thoughts while waiting for my daughter on day where it's just Dad and Daughter...

-Charlie Kimball has shown the strength of a champion even before he earned his first IndyCar victory yesterday.  He is the only licensed driver with diabetes and has done everything he can to encourage kids to chase their dreams.  He inspired my daughter,who is not diabetic, to take a chance and do her best during an appearance in Mishawaka last year.  I'm waiting to hear it from a podium or press conference somewhere: "I want to thank Charlie Kimball for inspiring me to try."  Even if it doesn't come up in a press conference, it's happening in little victories everywhere.  Bless you, CK!  You'll never know how many lives you've touched.

-Watched the Dodgers play the Cubs at Wrigley on Friday.  Some things never cease to amaze me: the fundamental soundness of most major leaguers, the strength of arm with accuracy, and the level of effort the best play the game. Seeing Yasiel Puig in person, he is a treat to watch.  He threw a ball one step from the warning track to home plate on the fly with strength and effort.  I hate to think he might be juicing, but a friend with me at the game noted that Cuban eat little meat, and he is protein enriched.  Would be extremely disappointed if he is on the syringe: he plays with a special passion.

-My daughter begins Cross Country practice today.  She has trained a lot for this season, running over 150 miles in preparation.  I hope she has done it with a great level of effort.  It could be a great season.

-Fall baseball is just around the corner.  My son has enjoyed a break from the game.  I think he is ready to get back after it.

-Finishing a four day mini vacation today.  'Nuff said.

So...am I off base?


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template