Friday, December 25, 2015

A New Year, A New Plan

A week from today, the year 2016 begins.  Many people make resolutions to make changes in their life with the change in calendars.  How many people make the changes stick?

I've done it before.  I need to do it again.

Five years ago, I was a mess physically.  I weighed 270 pounds, rarely exercised, and felt awful more days than I felt good.  It was difficult get through the day without taking some sort of stomach medication, especially Alka Seltzer.  I could only imagine what my blood pressure was regularly.

I found my blood pressure in the 180/110 range.  That's a stroke waiting to happen.

By September, 2011, my weight was at 200 pounds, my blood pressure under control and the omeprazole (read Prilosec) was working on my stomach.  I actually felt good, but still wasn't exercising regularly.  I reached 180 pounds by June of 2012, with low level walking.

Well, I have slid back into some habits that have returned my weight to 220 pounds.  While my blood pressure is under control, and I excercise with an average level of exertion three times a week.  I can actually referee basketball at an elementary and middle school level.  In the gym, I work out on an elliptical for 45 minutes, and do a little ab work.

I need the weight to come off again.  I need to be more careful about what I eat, especially my portion control.  I must be more careful.  I want the 180 pounds again, and with exercise, it should be even better with improved physical condition.

I can do it.  If I can do it, anyone can.  Please make the change.  You don't want to die too early.  Someone loves you.  Don't ask me why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template