Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Heaven Help Me!

I watched my first episode of Duck Dynasty.  Refer back to title.

Understand my view of things.  I hold two college degrees.  I played college golf and was a club professional for five seasons.  I've never gone hunting, and only shot a BB gun as a kid.  To me, roughing it is a bad Holiday Inn.  I know what decoys and duck calls are, but only from people I grew up with and have met along the way.

Genuine people who love God and family are always welcome in my world.  Maybe the most refreshing thing is the honesty of each person in the show.  Si can't help himself, he just has to ring the bell!  Only one business degree in the whole family, but their common sense factor is off the charts.  Who needs a market surveys and business gurus?  If we like it, a lot of other people out there are bound to like it.  Sounds like recipe to make a fortune.  God, family, honesty, work they seem to love...sounds like a recipe for a great life.

Two honest things that are way too close to home for most people: First, read it before you sign it.  Second, know you've won the challenge before you make it.  It will keep Si off the air.

I say, Burn those leaves with gasoline!  Keep the chickens!  The only thing missing was a sofa swing.  I'd rather spend my day around the Robertson family than around people with stickers on their feet: "Made in China".  Yeah, they'd probably make fun of me, but I probably have it coming.  Seems that when I'm not coaching, I care what other people think.

So...am I off base?

#quackquack  #duckdynasty

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template